Roundtable Discussion • Pedagogy and Goal-Setting in Foreign Language Policy
The UP CIDS Decolonial Studies Program (DSP), the UP Diliman Department of European Languages, and the Philippine International Studies Organization invite you to the roundtable discussion “Pedagogy and Goal-Setting in Foreign Language Policy” on 3 April 2019 (Wednesday) 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at the UP CIDS Conference Hall.
The following topics shall be discussed with representatives from FL programs in higher education, secondary schools, and the government:
- The rationale and goals of foreign language education (FLE) in the Philippines
- Assessing role of Filipino culture and globalization in FLE
- Projections and challenges for FLE in light of the SPFL, CHED Memorandum, and K-12 (on teacher training, materials access, etc.)
- Channeling foreign languages for national goals
- Development of appropriate materials and the role of local educators in materials creation and pedagogical modification
This event is free and open to the public. For inquires, email firstname.lastname@example.org.