Books – Education Research Program
The Algebra of the Weaving Patterns, Gong Music and Kinship System of the Kankana-ey
By the Faculty of the Discipline of Mathematics, UP College Baguio
This is a pioneering study on Philippine ethnomathematics, the mathematics of a people’s culture and community life. Focusing on certain features of the indigenous ways of the Kankane-ey of the Cordillera, the study shows that mathematics is concretely embedded and operative in their culture.
By Diego Quejada II et al.
This study is a form of social research which seeks to identify the basic economic, civic-political, and sociocultural characteristics of communities targetted for nonformal education programs.
This Handbook and User’s Guide prepared by the UP-Education Research Program for the research dissemination conferences of the Philippine Nonformal Education Project contains the highlights, policy implications, and applications of eight research projects commissioned by the Bureau of NonFormal Education, Department of Education, Culture and Sports.
By Flora G. Cruz et al.
This study contains taxonomies at three levels which can be used as bases for curriculum and instructional materials development as well as for testing, evaluation, and equivalency of a nonformal program with the formal school program.
By Fe Revita-Arriola and Rachel M. Cabato
This book provides a comprehensive program framework for livelihood development, in contrast to sporadic, piecemeal, and disjointed approaches that often result in costly failures.
By Patricia B. Arinto
The study involves a systematic documentation of traditional and popular knowledge in various Philippine communities using integrative curricular grids for ready use by teachers and curriculum planners.
By Benjamin A. Han
The book describes the rites of passage for individuals in an indigenous community by using the life-death cycle approach. (In English original, with Sama translation by the author)
By Maria Luisa C. Doronila, Josefina Cortes, and Ferdinand Garrido
An exploratory study on the subject of delivering quality education under conditions of scarcity
By Wilfredo Alangui
By Eleanor Eme E. Hermosa et al
With English and Filipino editions
- An Ethnographic Study of Functional Literacy in Fourteen Philippine Communites (Main Report) By Maria Luisa C. Doronila and Jasmin Espiritu Acuña
- Abridged version of the main report By Maria Luisa C. Doronila and Jasmin Espiritu Acuña
- Boheh Umos (Tawitawi) Site Report By Benjamin Han
- Kala (Ifugao) Site Report By Wilfredo Alangui, Lenora Fe Brawner, Raymundo Rovillos
- Alaga and Galingan, Calinaw (Iloilo) Site Report By Alicia P. Magos
- Sta. Rosa Refugee (Pampanga) Site Report By Julian Abuso et al.
- Loob Resettlement (Zambales) Site Report By Nestor Balmores et al.
- Taka (Lanao del Sur) Site Report By Nagasura T. Madale
- Anatu (Maguindanao) Site Report By Nagasura T. Madale
- Magdalena (Negros Occidental) Site Report By Alicia P. Magos
- Magayon (Sorsogon) Site Report By Eleanor Eme E. Hermosa
- Calamansi and Lapulapu (Mindoro Oriental) Site Report By Emma Santos-Castillo and Robert Ruda
- Palihan (Bulacan) Site Report By Catalino T. Rivera Forthcoming: Filipino Edition
- Labasan and Martires (NCR) Site Report By Jasmin Espiritu Acuña Forthcoming: Filipino Edition
- Inipon (Quezon) Site Report By Florangel Rosario-Braid and Ramon R. Tuason
- Corona (Rizal) Site Report By Florangel Rosario-Braid and Ramon R. Tuason
The Meaning of UP Education: A preliminary evaluation of Knowledge Management, Attitude and Value Formation in UP Diliman Degree Programs
Edited by Maria Luisa C. Doronila and Lediviña V. Cariño
- Main Research Report By Maria Luisa C. Doronila and Lediviña V. Cariño
- College of Public Administration Unit Report By Wilhelmina Cabo
- College of Home Economics Unit Report By Margarita de la Paz, Miriam Alcantara, Adelaida Mayo, Myrna Zamora, Marilou Lim, Al Purugganan
- School of Labor and Industrial Relations Unit Report By Virginia A. Teodosio
- UP Integrated School Unit Report By Eleanor Eme E. Hermosa
- College of Social Sciences and Philosophy Unit Report By Lynna Marie SyCip, Annadaisy J. Carlota, Maria Serena I. Diokno
- College of Business Administration Unit Report By Elvira A. Zamora
- Asian Center Unit Report By Carolyn Sobritchea and Juan Francisco
- College of Arts and Letters Unit Report By Josefina Agravante
- College of Education Unit Report By Nestor Balmores and Erlinda Camara